Dr Michael Barakate is an Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon with expertise in children’s and adult ENT Surgery, Rhinoplasty and Thyroid Surgery.
Dr Michael Barakate reviews and treats children and adults with ear nose throat conditions. Dr Barakate is a member of the Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. He has an ongoing commitment to education and research in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and has lectured and published widely.
Dr Barakate has over 15 years of surgical experience including dual fellowships from the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (Ear Nose and Throat, General Surgery) and international experience from Oxford, UK and the University of Michigan, USA.
Patient Care Philosophy
I enjoy using my clinical and surgical abilities to restore the form and function of my patients and hopefully to maximise their quality of life.
- Macquarie University Hospital
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Sydney West Area Health Service – Auburn Hospital
- Children’s and adult ear nose and throat surgery
- Thyroid and Parathyroid surgery
Education and Training
- MB BS, BSc (Med) – University of New South Wales (1996)
- Master of Surgery – University of Sydney (2003)
- Residency – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- General Surgery – Royal North Shore Hospital
- Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery – Sydney
- Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery – Prince of Wales Hospital
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Certification
- FRACS (General Surgery) 2003
- FRACS (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery) 2006
- University of Oxford, UK, 2005
- University of Michigan, USA, 2010
Dr Michael Barakate is committed to providing the highest standard of care for his patients.